Friday, April 16, 2010

Meet the PPC Creators -- Day 4

Make sure to take time out to stop by each Creators blog to check out their work and wish them well! :)

I have been crafty for as long as I can remember...my mom taught me to knit, crochet, sew, and cross-stitch as a little girl and my grandma was also a huge influence on my love for all things crafty. My obsession with paper started about five years ago when a {now, very good} friend of mine started a monthly stamping club and asked if I would be interested in joining. The rest is history and I currently have a VERY healthy assortment of paper - as well as ribbon, buttons, flowers, chipboard, punches...the list could go on and on. In fact, I could probably open up my own scrapbook store! I tend to make cards more than anything and they MUST have MANY layers ~ I don't really know how to {do} Clean & Simple!
I am currently on the design team for three other wonderful challenge blogs: The Curtain Call Color Challenge over at Stacey's Stamping Stage, The Shabby Tea Room, and I will be the guest designer for a couple of months over at Totally Stampalicious for their newest stamp release at the end of April.
My non-crafting free time is spent keeping my family washed, dried and in clean clothes...and sometimes I feed them. ;) I have three boys - 14, 12 and 10 - and a husband of almost 15 years who supports me in my habit but doesn't quite understand it. We live on a farm in Central Alberta, Canada where I work down the road at our local country general store.
I am very excited to share this new journey with all of the wonderfully talented ladies Megan has chosen to be PPC Creators - thanks again, Megan! We're going to have so much fun!
I live in Millet, Alberta with my husband and my three children (13, 11 and 8). I am a stay at home mom who works in the home babysitting. Crafting has always been apart of my life for as long as I can remember. My mom who is an avid crafter always encouraged me to do something to stay busy, it could be coloring, painting, latch hooking or other paper crafts. My best friend started me out on my paper addiction with Scrapbooking first and then her first Stampin Up party. She became a Demonstrator that night and the rest is history...my paper addiction grew and so did my stamp collection both rubber and clear (ribbon, rub-ons, buttons :0 ). I started out making cards around 13 years ago, but in the last 8 years it is has become my biggest hobbie yet and a part time job for me. The best part of crafting for me is seeing the look on someones face when they open my card or another homemade gift. Card making is something I love to do with my family and friends on a regular basis. It always translates into laughter, relaxation, good friendship and so much more.
At any given time you can find me in my craft room listening to music, drinking hot chocolate and card making. I am not always by myself, my daughter is a crafter too as well as both of my sons. Other crafts I love are crocheting, cross stitching, scrapbooking, foil scrapping, painting/drawing and candles.
I am looking forward to seeing all of your creations and starting a whole new journey with the PPC-CC ladies.

Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment